Friday, January 27, 2012

Feeding the Fire Fighters!

First, just let me say... perhaps I got a little over excited with my menu plans... a hubby at work... 5 kids under feet (or attempting to seriously damage each other!)... Therefore... no selection of goodies... just cupcakes for dessert.  ;)

  • Taco Soup with Chicken
  • Corn Muffins
  • Corn Chips
  • Chocolate Buttercream Frosted Cupcakes
  • Soda
Still a great sounding menu, right? :)

I had originally planned to have my two oldest children help make the desserts... but, they were still working on chores that were supposed to have been accomplished earlier in the week.  I was determined not to let our plans be changed again, so I made it all.  Besides, this is the first outreach for the year... I don't want to be demanding of the children in regards to our outreach... I want to set a good example.  I believe the more we reach out, the more excited the children will be to help.

And boy, were they excited when we got there!  A little on the shy side at first, but two super friendly fire fighters broke the ice when they said, "Would you like to climb inside the truck?"

And that is how our wanting to show appreciation to our fire fighters turned into a home school field trip! :)  The children have NOT stopped talking about it!  My Blessings #2 and #3 want to go back tomorrow! LOL!

The fire fighters were very appreciative of a warm hearty soup with corn muffins.  The children were very appreciative of the special tour of all the fire trucks.  A good day!

PS... We did take a few pics... I will edit this post to add them as soon as I find the camera and figure out how! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd be delighted if you left a comment letting me know your thoughts!